t.A.T.u. @ Radio Echo Moscow (30.11.2008)

Wszystkie newsy, plotki i nowe ciąże.

Moderatorzy: koko, Alexander, szym

t.A.T.u. @ Radio Echo Moscow (30.11.2008)

Postprzez wolny » 14 grudnia 2008, o 22:17

Angielskie tłumaczenie wywiadu udzielonego w radiu Echo Moskwy.

What values are propagandised by the channel MTV Part 1

Guests: t.A.T.u. and Aleksey Efimov
moderator: Elena Afanaseva

Yulia - Y
Lena - L
E. Afanaseva - mod
Aleksey Efimov - Efimov

mod: Good evening. On air the program about TV essence, about those who define and store this essence. In the studio is Elena Afanaseva. As always, we speak about persons, programs and antievents which influence what our TV will be today and tomorrow. Today, as I feel, conversation will be not so typical for the program about TV. But, first, here two girls whom you perfectly know. It is group "Тату" - Yulia Volkova and Lena Katina. Hello, girls!

Y: Hello!

L: Hello!

mod: And the general director of MTV Russia Aleksey Efimov. Good afternoon, Aleksey!

Efimov: Good evening, Moscow.

mod: And one more remarkable creation – here such cheerful revival. Yulina, yes? What is your name?

Y: Busya.

mod: Here with us today still Busja in the studio.

Y: Busya will help us to answer questions.

mod: Yes. If the soundtrack or revival is here Busja actively answers. We will try to talk all the same in this situation about TV. About channel MTV, in particular. I have formulated today a theme so: «What values are propagandised by channel MTV?» One of occasions is the traditional ceremony which has passed on this week of delivery of awards. And in general conversation on the channel, on how it varies that occurs to it. The general director who works hardly less year here has come. Yes, Aleksey?

Efimov: it is Less, than half a year.

mod: It is less than half a year. And girls who, probably, once started to watch MTV as spectators. Or not?

Y: I think that there are no people, in general, all over the world, who do not know about such a channel as MTV.

mod: Our number +7 985 970 4545. Please, ask your questions to group Tatu and the general director of MTV Russia Aleksey Efimov. In the second part of the program, as always, you can talk to our visitors and by phone. For you as for the other spectators and listeners with what began MTV in your childhood, youth, ...?

Y: You know, I got to know MTV … when I gathered in school, there was such air "Good morning", the Shelest and Komolov. Perhaps the record was, to tell the truth I do not know. It was really cool. Still there were animated cartoons "Bibis and Batched"...

mod: Terrible!

Y: Well, I watched in the mornings when I went to school.

Efimov: Why terrible? Cool animated cartoons. Cool, instead of horror.

mod: Here now also we will talk …

Y: Somehow more shortly here this all, probably, associates with me.

L: With music. There was music on the channel.

mod: And what kind of music. Here MTV Russia, Russian MTV - not the American variant – what music remained with you from children's memory, youthful?

Y: Zemfira, probably, in school days when we studied, it constantly changed. Who then still was for us?

L: It was a lot of from abroad, yes, it changed. Michael Jackson …

mod: Aleksey, and with what sensation did MTV start for you?

Efimov: You know, how radical the TV which is not similar to all the rest which runs counter that we have got used to see, and thus many of those things which come from the West, from the western platform is perfect, and it was very important for me because, there was such very live energy for an existence.

mod: To us already in the beginning, before being on air when we sat in an editorial room, there were already two points of view. The girls' from the point of view of leaders – how correctly to say? – of show business, as representatives of a known group, and Aleksey from the point of view of TV.

L: There were at all two points of view. There was, as a matter of fact, one. That it consists of the same – many problems, there are a lot of defects which are necessary to solve, alter, and need to be finished in thinking.

mod: Let's then understand that it was MTV which you remember from your youth. When did MTV Russia appear, Aleksey?

Efimov: In 1998. Ten years ago.

mod: There were different periods as I understand. And in what condition is MTV now? As you, as the head, estimate the channel.

Efimov: When I joined the channel, I have found out that the TV on this channel is not present for a long time. There is everything, everything, but only not understanding of that those people who on television channel MTV, understand that they do TV. And from that it was very sad, because I have got used to that the TV should be very energetic, should be fascinating for those people who do it, and should charge the energy of those people who watch it. Now MTV, unfortunately, is not like that. For the last half year, I was engaged in that and solved many organizational, financial problems of the channel. Because TV is not only art, it is also business. And with the business there were many problems as well. Here now we somehow leave on their decision and we approach to start to be engaged actually in TV. And I think that in the nearest half year – year MTV Russia will await and undergo very serious changes from the point of view both the program policy, and a product which we see on air, and approaches to that music which we air.

mod: Girls, and you remember, when you appeared for the first time have on MTV, on air?

Y: We remember that it was the only television channel, actually, which accepted the clip …

L: Because all the others refused it.

Y: … because the others all said: This is shit, is debauchery, they are two little girls, minors as it in general can be exchanged and put. And it, really, was the first channel which has told us "yes", we will risk, and we will make it. Therefore, of course, we respect MTV.

mod: But here to return to a question which I have come up with - the channel propagandises what kind of values? – Now when you already all the same have matured, and aren't those two little girls anymore, when you already have daughters, as far as I know … that is, you already are responsible for rising a generation which … - the spectator grows – as it seems to you, present MTV what values at the head of a corner? The person who includes the channel, young, not young even, and small.

Y: You know, as for values, this all is difficult here and it is banal to tell … not that it is banal – values are also probably deep. In general, I wish to tell one that is, of course, unconditional, the channel MTV – it is unimportant, in Russia or worldwide is the whole huge car which needs to be operated. It is not simply any channel a-lja musical, new any which there invents … It is a world brand which exists already for a long time, I do not know, ten years, and it is really difficult, and it is big work, it is not simple a television channel where you have typed DJs, have thought up any transfers and all. It is necessary to make all it so that it was interesting for people that not decisions of friendship or any monetary questions, yes first of all were made? And that it was really fair, it is necessary that it was in common how it was earlier when we were small, say, so, yes? I consider, as to values that now occurs … I do not know, for me.

L: Personally, for example, it is not so interesting for me to watch MTV, at least, not now. Because I, when I choose a music channel, I wish to see music, instead of advertising, serials and so on and so forth.

mod: Just a question which was sent in advance from a site by Konstantin Ivliev, the programmer from Kazan. He asks you: Do you agree with Sergey Lazarev's point of view that on the music channels of Russia every year there is less music?

L: Yes, absolutely. I consider that it is the truth. And I have just told the same. I want to watch clips! And, not only those … as Yulia called them «singing panties», yes? And which have existed already a lot of years. I as the listener, the person who watches TV periodically, I wish to observe there groups which have been out there already for a long time and release a new video...

Y: As far as I know, in my opinion, whether on Saturday, whether on Sunday at midnight …

Efimov: «Nostalzhi Pati» (nostalgic), yes. Thanks for noticing.

Y: I simply have been super surprised, it was simply so pleasant to me, I have just sat down there with my young man near the TV to watch DVDs … when I have come across the TV, and have seen there groups such as "Technologia", Varum, here all those things … I simply sat, to me it felt so cool … I am thinking: Shit, here it, really, is, in a fantastic way!

mod: Aleksey, to you a question as to the person, that has been operating the musical channel already for half a year. Why did the music on the music channel became a minimum?

Efimov: Here very simple, actually, the answer. Because the television channel as business first of all is interested in ratings. And in the last years MTV placed music on air tendentiously enough, from my point of view, prejudicedly – one placed, others did not place …

mod: Girls, you had problems with being aired?

L: Yes, we had problems and more recently …

Y: It was already Aleksey, of course, when we only have come …

L: It was not at the arrival, it is simply ascertaining of the fact.

Y: We have simply recorded a video, came to MTV and we told them – here, is our new video. They watched it, at first they didn't reply for a very long time and later they replied that this type of video is not suitable for the format MTV.

Efimov: Well here, to receive such answers, there was the situation to air the music, but you wouldn't gather any ratings with it.

L: And the main thing which is the most interesting – our video was much better than most of the videos which are shown now. And when I understood it, while pressing the button, my eyes simply went out of my forehead, to roughly express it - My God that …

Y: And you know, what is insulting? Not that it is MTV … Moscow, yes? - Russia somehow reacts very strangely nationally, here, we have actors who have achieved something valid in life. Here they will change any hogwash! Not only that, not only does it concern MTV, it concerns – in general even radio stations … Any heresy, singing these cowards and here these here, understand, these groups which are already simply here … sth sth(?), excuse, of course, yes? But here it is all. As though … it changes, and when you really a qualitative thing, you work it over…

L: Creatively, so we will tell.

Y: … you have a sense, and you can explain this sense … It is any giving, this any … Even ours, let them be scandalous, videos, but they concern life … these are any …. Say: you know, it is non-format! But as there kiss, as pants from you there take off is format! With naked sissies (?) …

mod: As it is difficult for you to operate, probably. What power goes! From each actor? …

Efimov: Actually it is pretty cool because it is just my problem to return this power to the channel. Because the channel became rotten, it is the truth. For the last years it became the boring channel with not a clear target audience.

L: There is simply commercial music instead of creativity. They push commerce.

mod: Another question: «Than it has been caused, what the Russian programs and known leaders from channel MTV have disappeared?»

L: Here! We, by the way, mentioned a theme, too.

Efimov: About the Russian programs I can tell that from the point of view of television quality they did not satisfy simply any criteria! They were behind the side of good and harm from the point of view of the cost price of that product, which …

mod: That is, they cost more …

Efimov: They cost very much, and did not bring almost any ratings. Therefore many of those programs which went on air, have been closed. For this very reason. And now we have a return process. We start to open an aether for new projects which we now already have. There is a program «Nostalgic Pati» in which we talk about music of the last decades. It appears every Sunday at midnight. There is a program of "13 spiteful spectators». It is a remake from the old kind «12 spiteful spectators», and there is a new moderator. The program turns out very fervent. I wish, that listeners have looked and have passed an opinion about this program.

mod: «Tatu, you are super!» - writes Dmitry from Petersburg. And here there is provocative, probably, for you Cyril's question: «Does MTV differ from MuzTV?» At first we will ask the girls.

Y: Especially, this is a banal question. And to tell the truth, I cannot compare such television channels in general. Because besides, I consider that everywhere there are the pluses as well as everywhere there are minuses. It is time. Secondly, all the same MTV, I consider that it is a world brand which, really, it is necessary to be engaged. Also it is necessary for all who now as though participates in process of creating the new MTV, trying to lift it with the old, since actors and finishing the main people who there work. I consider, what it is necessary to make simply efforts to all of us, yes? And easier to start this channel to lift. The interesting songs by teleprograms to lift this award, ceremony to make of it not simply there banal sofas, people and all the rest, and to make it so in general, I do not know … to clean all these, I do not know … Give, make separate television channel for «singing cowards» is my offer.

Efimov: Excellent offer! I support it.

Y: Simply well it is impossible to compare here these girls, to understand, which a-lja commercial … with the people, who are really talented, who do everything in life! Well, it is possible to combine somehow all it but then it should be so thought, it is so correct under the relation to all. Instead of so that people who really, work, remain, excuse, on last place to which in general give nothing, and do not hand over. The same it is unfair!

>>>

Efimov: And if I may tell how I understand MTV. And also for MUZTV. From my point of view, there is a very simple formulation. MUZTV is for the viewers from Arkhangelsk who dream about moving to Moscow. And MTV is a channel for those who live in Moscow but wished to live in Europe. That’s how we will understand this channel.

Mod: So. Give it away, Aleksey. Somehow... not patriotically.

Efimov: And I do not say, they want to leave Russia. I say that they liked to live under those standards which are accepted in a civilized society.
mod: This is a more correct formulation. A question. There was given the award to the girls, I I wish to ask the girls: When you recently had a problem in the television environment of the TV award, have you been very much worried that the award will break up and will not be any disputable – the general denominator of one award. In case there are two awards, as an example for the cinematographers that is always bad. If you receive many awards. For example, there is an award of MUZTV, and there is an award from MTV. In your environment as it is quoted? Is one award more important, and one less important …?

Y: That something is more important is not the case. What should be unimportant for the actor? And also in the case of being invited to hand over something, it is unusual, always pleasant. Here, we have MUZTV Awards, the Legends of MTV Award – I simply consider it that it is just.... most abruptly it was there. No because it was recived by us, or something. Everything else is just the rest, in the project everything else was understood. As for who, why and that takes the award “Legends...” I consider it all on the level of the award. We are certainly glad that MTV has chosen us for this purpose that they have invited us. For us it is certainly important! And where it was, what TV channel it wouldn’t be – MUZTV or something – if people want, if fans vote... Besides if it was fair, if it is not paid and it is fair – why shouldn’t we come? For us that is important. For us counts the opinion of the people for whom we exist.

mod: This is Yulia Volkova. Here is Lena Katina, the group Tatu. Here is Aleksey Efimov, the general director of MTV Russia. After the news we will continue our discussion in our studio.

--- After the news break, the moderator is introducing everyone again.

Y: Once again hello everybody.

mod: (asking to call in for questions or emails)
Here is a question which showed up on our site. Aleksey, a laboratorian from Petersburg asks: “I switch on channel MTV these days at 6 p.m. when the children have finished their lessons and are watching TV, there is the presentation of an American family – there the mum and daddy look for a boyfriend for their gay son. My question is, why is it forbidden to advertise beer until 10 p.m. then?

Efimov: And here beer?

mod: Ar the same time a partner is chosen for the homosexual son, you can advertise beer.

Efimov: I would very much like to say that MTV is a unique global network for thw youth all over the world. Therefore, it is normal that there are software products that are aired here and come from different continents. If it is more current from there, why should we remove it from our channel and not show it to ourselves on air, I don’t understant that argument. From my point of view, the channel should be cosmopolitical. From this point of view, any software product which can be interesting to our spectators, should be presented on air.

L: About cosmopolitical, I, in your position, about the same topic. For example, I would change the time of the program “Nostalgia” with the one where the boyfriend for the gay son is chosen. It is possible to show this at 12 o’clock in the morning and “Nostalgia” can be aired during the day when children can watch TV.

Efimov: A good offer. I will think about this topic.

mod: “Thanks MTV for the series “The Clinic” and “South Park””, writes Sasha from Rostov, “Is it possible to only watch shows about computer games on MTV and MUZTV?”, asks our constant listener J.C. Denton. MTV and radio stations force you to pay money. Do music channels also force you to pay money, girls? (asked by a person “Mayor”)

L: Actually, we don’t know. Because we never paid anything to anybody. I do not know how others do handle that.

Y: We never tried to do that. I see it that way: If you play a game, it is necessary to play really by it’s rules. It is not necessary to be beyond. If we all do it fair, this means, that we it fair. Why to buy something, to prove someone?

Efimov: My position is absolutely the same. I consider that everything should be fair. Since the moment I have become the general director of MTV, I haven’t known such a case. And besides, I can tell that even nobody tried to offer me any money. I initially have declared that the position of MTV is the following: We won’t accept any money from anybody to play their clips.

mod: Good evening.

Listener Pavel: Pavel Monakov from Moscow. I have a question for Aleksey Efimov. I listened to what he has said. I am personally familiar with many people from the former command of MTV, from the management. In my opinion, Aleksey Efimov’s attack against the work of his former command lacks a few ethical standards. How does he estimate this?

mod: You consider that the former commad worked well?

Listener Pavel: Yes, I know that people honestly worked.

mod: Thanks for this question. I wish to re-address slightly. Girls, how have you as viewers estimated MTV in the last years? Until last year.

Y: It is impossible to judge. The matter is that if there is a good friend of a former command, this Pavel, of course, he will protect the former command. As well as we would. Lena and me will never tell anybody that our command consists of worthless workers. That is normal. And if there are any new people, we always think, interesting, will she be good or not. And she will work. To judge everything now is impossible. I think that people always begin something and try to build something in common. The new person Aleksey has now come. I think, he hardly should come and do as if all was bad on MTV, right? He is a representative of this channel. There are serious and global things. The change has started half a year back, it is even less than half a year and I, we will look what will be in the future. I think that there is the same opinion than of the workers, the projects that exist have a similar opinion such as the fans. It will be visible. And suddenly, it will develop much more abruptly than with the previous command. And then what?

Efimov: Besides, I wish to add that I personally don’t accuse anybody that there were any problems etc.. I said that the general situation of the channel whose objective criteria are ratings and the spectator relation to the channel in the last years, unfortunately, was very bad. MUZTV got more ratings than MTV.

mod: Good evening.

Listener Alexander: Good evening. I am Alexander from Saratov. My question is not only addressed at the director of the channel, perhaps the girls want to answer as well. Why in your opinion is it impossible for the channel 2 x 2 to show animated cartoons such as “The Simpsons“ and “South Park“, and on MTV it is possible?

Efimov: And why is it impossible for 2 x 2 to air “The Simpsons“ and “South Park“? As far as I know…

mod: Probably this is about ligitations and the public chamber.

Efimov: As far as I know, on November 20th, 2 x 2 planned to begin the airing of “South Park”. Now it should be on air. And if it is not present now, it will be in some days.

mod: Will “Music for adults – the classic-fate 70” be aired on MTV?, asks Igor from Samara.

Efimov: It is obligatory. We have the programm “Nostalgia” which I have already talked about, but we think over several projects which will be devoted to music legends.

Y: I think, in general, that it is even possible to divide the program onto different days. One day you could air rock music for the fans to devote themselves to. You wouldn’t air “13 spiteful spectators” and all the people who want to discuss these themes will be watching on a different day.

L: I suggest to you to simply name Yulia Volkova the command of MTV to make her the program director.

Efimov: Very good!

Y: I will help you to create many ideas.

Efimov: This is excellent. We will think about it!

mod: There you have found an employee. Good evening.
Obrazek
wolny
Administrator

Powrót do Newsy